Monday, June 6, 2011

Sun June 5, 2011 - Lazy Sunday

Canucks Rock! They won again yesterday (or this morning for us)! This morning we did a quick work out and then went to Shoppers to get some groceries. I did laundry today by hand! I’m starting to get better at doing it now and my clothes are smelling better and better, but it still takes a lot of time to do a small amount of clothes. It was overcast again today, but still really hot! Today was the first day that I just stayed home for most the day (until 3pm to go to Boona Baana), lounging around and getting the little things done like laundry, so it was actually really nice! My days are usually go, go, go, so it was good to take it slow today. Moriah and I have discovered this little market close to our house that sells fresh fruits and veggies and they are actually really good quality so now we walk there every morning and get a GIANT avocado, two cucumbers, a mango, a carrot, and sometimes mini bananas and a pineapple for just 4,000 tsh, which is like $2 and it ends up being so much that we split it (so actually $1 each) and then we go home and make homemade hummus and have that for lunch! We are both so excited that we found a cheap healthy way to have lunch!!!

I got a huge thing of water today at Shoppers and when I got home to pour some into a water bottle the seal was already broken, grr! We were warned about this, I guess it happens every once in a while people try to re-seal them with tap water! I don’t know if this was actually the case but I didn’t want to risk it so for the first time I used the water bottle my dad gave me that cleans 99.8% of even the dirtiest water, thanks Dad!! I was nervous at first to use it, so I just have been buying bottled water, but maybe I’ll be able to just use it with the tap water from now on!! At shoppers I found a really yummy snack food, there called Poppa Dums and they are kinda like a chip but healthier and its cumin seed flavoured (Mom, you would love them!), and they are actually really healthy for you! Made out of lentil flour, oil, salt and cumin… I will try to bring some back with me!

Today at Boona Baana the kids just felt like having a chill day so we just all hung out, talked, played cards, and the board game trouble. It was fun. The youngest girl, E, taught us a new card game called slap and then we taught everyone how to play war. E is so funny she always says “Wha-tah!” instead of “what” and “Ali-baba!” instead of “oh-geez” or something similar, and now she’s got me and Kara saying it at home, haha!!

Being around kids all the time is the greatest but it also makes me really miss my own niece and nephew! Love you guys and it’s not the same without you! Miss you tons and we’ll see you soon little baboons!!


No comments:

Post a Comment