Sunday, June 12, 2011

Wednesday June 8, 2011

Woke up without a stomach anymore, but my throat is still hurting. This afternoon a few of us went to SeaCliff Hotel to use their internet and this hotel is immaculate! It might be the nicest hotel I’ve ever seen! A bunch of celebrities have stayed here too, including Angelina Jolie! I ordered a cappuccino and it was the first good tasting and normal sized coffee I’ve had here yet, so I was happy!  

At 3pm Iddy took six of us to the Tanzanian Forest Conservation Group: http://www.tfcg.org/index.html It’s an NGO here in Dar dedicated to protecting the high biodiversity forests of Tanzania. It was difficult to understand what the guy was saying because he had a really thick Tanzanian accent, but we got a bunch of pamphlets which helped!!

Went for Ethiopian food tonight for dinner and it was definitely my peach! I didn’t know what to expect as I’ve never had it before, but man was it good! They brought out this giant plate with a huge piece of thin bread-like stuff on it and then they dump different types of dishes on it and everyone shares by dipping bread and picking the food up with the bread! It was so cool! I definitely want to go back and they had a ton of vegetarian and vegan options too! Except their bathroom was kinda creepy, haha, the door had this freaky looking doll hanging on it and then you go inside and it’s the tiniest little room ever with a toilet that is practically up against the wall on three sides including the front so you can’t even sit down!! It was an experience in itself, haha!
TFCG

A flooded street just outside the Tanzanian Forest Conservation Group (TFCG)

Urgh! Can't figure out how to rotate this pic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment