Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wed June 1st, 2011 - kundushi beach

Today we went to Kunduchi Beach Resort again to get some more homework done on their faster internet (although today is slower than yesterday for some reason). On the way here we once again were pointed out an called “Mzungu’s” which means Europeans white people! We hear this phrase on a daily basis and are constantly being stared at all day because of our skin color. We got to Kunduchi before the tide came in and walked out a far ways and onto this separate island, it was so pretty! For lunch today we went to the restaurant at the resort and it took almost 2 hours! But that’s been fairly typical for eating out here, they aren’t worried about being quick and efficient like in a Western culture, so it’s hard to get used to because we expect things to go certain ways and when they don’t we feel like its bad service or something but that’s just how it is here. There’s also a lot of language barriers that we have to deal with like today for example, I ordered an Americano coffee and it never came so once our food came I asked if my coffee was still coming and he was said yes but brought me old brewed coffee (and I NEVER complain about service, etc, and I mean NEVER) but this coffee had like a greasy layer on top of it and looked horrible so I said I didn’t want it and he brought me and Americano and forgot to bring milk so then brought over a cappuccino when I asked for milk, haha! And then to make matters worse his manager came over after and asked me to fill out a comment form because they thought I was complaining!!! First time ever sending food back at a restaurant and let me tell you, I will never send anything back ever again!! Lol! Tonight we are going to go out and do some karaoke at this Irish Pub not far from our place, so that should be interesting J And then at 3am were going to wake up and listen to the Canucks game!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment