Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday July 8, 2011 - Daima katika moyo wangu (Always in my heart)


Went to Kidzcare again today, and it was so much fun. I’ve really bonded with them. Having to tell them that I was leaving to go back to Canada was hard and both little E and E gave me the longest hugs in the world. They didn’t want to let go and I didn’t either. I had no idea how hard it was going to be to say bye to these kids until I was driving away and the tears started falling. Still thinking about it now makes my heart hurt, but I’m so thankful that I got to be a part of their lives for these last few months of my life because it opened my eyes in so many ways. These kids have had so much heartache and obstacles in their short lives but you would never guess it by meeting them. Their perseverance, love for life, and glowing personalities will remain in my memory forever.

“In the harshest place on Earth, ... love finds a way.”
-- Morgan Freeman

No comments:

Post a Comment